Sunday, February 26, 2017

First Steps With Degraph

A crucial part of implementing software components is to get your code free from unwanted package dependencies. But most of the time it is hard to get an overview of which code depends on each other. SonarQube is a great tool but unfortunately they dropped the Package Tangle Index analysis support (see 'Also worth noting' here). JDepend is another tool but I could not really get familiar with it (even not with the eclipse IDE integration). Thus I decided to try Degraph - a newer tool that I heard of some time ago.

The result is a simple degraph-visualization-test demo project where I demonstrate how to create a package dependency diagram with Degraph and yEd.


Package dependency diagram created with Degraph and yEd

You can find it with a detailed description on my GitHub page.